Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I'm here!

I made it here safetly. I can't believe it. The flights went very smoothly. No problems :) It's about 90 and humid today. I'm sweating just sitting here. I have a feeling I won't stop sweating the entire time I'm here, haha.

James and 4 other brothers were stading outside of baggage claim waiting for me when I arrived. I am still here in Dar, and staying at the same guest house I stayed at before. I'm having so many flashbacks. It's wonderful. I can already tell I'm going to love being here. The people are so wonderful and welcoming. They had a nice feast ready for us when I got back from the airport at 11PM last night. (I should have known...haha).

We are leaving for Sumbawanga on Saturday. Should be there by Monday (hopefully... it is Africa). I'll have more time to write then hopefully.

5 comments:

  1. Yeh! It is great to hear from you. What a wonderful welcome you got - 4 Brothers and James! You have got another LONG journey ahead of you and I am sure it will be quite an adventure! I can't wait to hear all about it. Godspeed...

    I love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah! I'm so glad you made it there safely. We're all thinking of you out here in California and can't wait to hear more about your journey. We love you! -- Cousin Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are safe. I was wondering! Love you and miss you already. I am looking at your picture every day. ;-)
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for safe travels - hope the rest of the trip there proves as uneventful! Can't wait to read the next update! Take care, sis, we're all thinking about you back home :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah Sarah! We are so glad to hear that you made it safe and sound. We can't wait to hear about all of your adventures. Be safe, have fun, and remember that you are loved. :) Kimmy & crew

    ReplyDelete