Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A few more pictures

Hello everyone!

I am back from my mini weekend road trip to Lake Tanganyika. It was absolutely beautiful! I met a ton of people (including Fr. Ndasi's mom). A lot of my time was spent sitting around with priests trying to figure out what they were talking about in Swahili. I had a lot of fun, but it is nice to be back in Sumbawanga with James/Dan/people who speak English!

I still don't know when I'll be starting teaching. It was supposed to be Monday ... but plans are ALWAYS changing here. Now it's sounding more and more like I'll stay in Sumbawanga for another week. Who knows! I'm just goin with the flow.

Below are a few pictures:

The first two are of me at an orphanage in Sumbwanga that I have visited twice. There are only 9 kids at this orphanage, and they are simply adorable. It is run by this German women. It feels more like a home than an orphanage. Dan (James's roommate) goes there quite often. I'm sure I'll be going there a lot as well.

The last one is of me, Fr. Ndasi and his mother (I look like a GIANT compared to them). This was taken on my mini road trip this past weekend. It is at Fr. Ndasi's home.

Please keep the comments coming! I LOVE hearing from everyone!

Sarah



5 comments:

  1. It is very nice to see those pictures! You look like you are right where you belong. Also, "goin with the flow" is the name of the game when you are travelling/volunteering. Its a great part of the lifestyle. Many of us reading your blog would love to have more goin with the flow in our lives. Its sure inspiring to read your entries on what life is like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the pictures. It is so good to see your smiling face (half way around the world - amazing!).

    I'm glad you had a great trip over the weekend....wow - the things you've seen! It must have been interesting to stay in someone's home which is the best way to see and experience a different country in my opinion.

    So you found an orphanage where you can share your love. I am sure the children loved having you there.

    You take care now and mom says "Don't forget to take your malaria pills"!

    I love you very very much and miss you lots!

    May God shower His blessings on you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these, especially the second one. You giant, you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I just saw these pics and wanted you to know that I totally miss your beautiful face. Hugs through the internet! Muwah.
    -Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah,
    The pictures are priceless. It is fun to see your smiling face. Those kids are lucky to have you in their lives.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete