Sunday, February 21, 2010

Quick Update and Pictures

Hello everyone!

Here's a quick update:

I'm back in Sumbawanga right now because last Friday I got sick again (stomach problems). The doctors think I have an amoeba, so they started me on medicine Saturday. My record so far is taking 10 pills with breakfast. Don't worry, as of last night I'm only down to 6 pills. Haha. I am feeling a lot better already. I don't know how long I'll be here ... we'll have to wait and see.

Other than being sick again, things are going very well and I'm loving it here. Here are a few pictures! (Sorry they are out of order).

Picture #1 = Me, James, and 2 of his students at a soccer game.
Picture #2 = Me, Br. Msomi, and Fr. Salvatory (they are goofballs).
Picture #3 = Pius ... my favorite student at Laela.
Picture #4 = Me, Dan (James's roommate) and a few of James/Dans students joking around.
Picture #5 = Me and Adolfina. She is a Form 4 student at James/Dan's school. She is probably one of the nicest girls I've ever met.
Picture #6 = Some of the children in Fr. Ndasi's village.
Picture #7 = Typical African scene .. I see scenes like this everyday.










3 comments:

  1. Nicole Hickman2/21/10, 11:18 PM

    Samaki -
    Your pictures are delightful. It's good to see your beautiful face smiling and having fun with such cultured people. I'm sure you are learning a lot - about their culture and yourself. I hope that the docs there are good. 10 medications at one time? What all are they possibly giving you? A little worried, but leaving faith in the big guy will have to do for now. Love you tons and hopefully talk to you soon!
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah This is grandma, Diane and Donna are here and we are enjoying seeing your pictures. By now we hope you are over ALL YOUR GERMS!! I don't think you got my previous two messages, hope I can learn what I was doing wrong. Take good care of yourselves--you are in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Samaki (does that mean Hi??)

    I love seeing the pictures!!! Post more, please, for your "mama".

    Glad to hear you are feeling better and happy.

    I am confident that the "overprotective" monks are taking great care of you, so no worrying for me. Besides you are in God's hands.

    Take care of yourself and keep the shower water out of your mouth!

    I love you tons!!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete